No products in the cart.
Guerilla gardening with Seed Bombs
Guerilla Gardening is the idea of intentionally re-wilding urban spaces… That don’t belong to you.
The idea is that we try to get as many native plants and green spaces back into our environments as we can.
How can we do it?
Some important rules to follow:
- Native species only.
- Leave the spaces in better conditions than before.
Seed bombs are one of the best tools which we have for this… Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Native seeds.
- Clay powder
- The sun.
Steps to prepare seed bombs
- Take a handful of soil, put it in a container.
- Take a pinch of the clay powder, mix it all together with a little water. Not too much!
- Make it into a ball and flatten.
- Put some seeds (native ones are best) in the middle
- Wrap the soil around and into a ball again
- Coat the balls in clay.
- Leave to dry in the sun.
When dry, they are ready to use! Crumble and throw where you want them to go.
Ainara, one of our Planteka community sellers has a ready-made seed bomb kit. If you don’t have all of the materials needed, it is a great option for you.