No products in the cart.
How To Care for Citrus Trees in Summer?
Here are a few helpful tips and tricks to help you care for your citrus tree during these hot summer months.
Care tips for Citrus Trees
- Pests – there are many pests around Barcelona and they are very frustrating, it is always worth checking all your plants for them, but especially your citrus plants. Aphids, caterpillars, mealy bugs, slugs are always an issue. You can treat it with a soapy solution that you can spray on the leaves.
- Prevent sunburn – cover the trunk of the tree with a light wrap, an old bedsheet works really well this. Make sure it is loose fitting around the trunk.
- Watering – the aim is low flow watering, making sure the root ball is moist but not wet. This ensures the fruit is sweet and juicy.
- Salt burn – occurs when too much salts are in the soil from evaporation, make sure you flush the tree with lots of water as described above. Key sign of this is brown edges to your leaves.
- Mulch or compost – add to the base of the tree to keep the soil fertile. An added benefit is to keep weeds away from the tree. Citrus trees also like soil rich in earthworm humus.
Check out this video for more information about care.
Products Mentioned Here: